HAJIME JUDO ACADEMY IS AFFILIATED TO JSA (JUDO SOUTH AFRICA)
HAJIME JUDO ACADEMY IS A MEMBER OF JOBURG JUDO DISTRICT AND GAUTENG PROVINCE
HAJIME JUDO ACADEMY was Established In 1998.
Coaching Takes Place At Schools During The Week.
Equipment (Judo Mat) Is Either Provided By The Club Or The School. We Store The Equipment Safely At The School.
Judo Teaches The Student Balance, Fitness, Stamina, Technique, Co-ordination, Flexibility, Concentration, Strength And Interaction.
Judo Is A Disciplined Sport And Enhances Discipline In All Areas Of The students Live.
Judo Teaches Respect For Elders, Teachers And Self Respect.
JudoTeaches Modern Self Defense And Is Equally Practiced By Girls And Boys.
PRE-SCHOOL JUDO (AGES 4 – 6 YEARS)
Classes are half an hour long, as these children cannot stay focused for long periods of time. They are taught by doing exercises, teaching break falls and ground judo techniques, as well as playing many judo specific games interest them and are not considered to be work at their age. Some of the older children may graduate to standing judo towards the end of the year and even participate in beginner’s judo competitions. Pre-School Judo students graduate at the end of the year.
PRIMARY SCHOOL JUDO (AGES 6 – 13 YEARS)
Classes are 1 hour long. This includes:
- Warm up exercises to develop fitness, flexibility, strength, coordination, stamina and balance
- Break falls
- Teaching and practice of judo techniques
- Practice and training in combat
- Judo related games
Primary School students develop and achieve in two areas:
- Grading Clinics Primary School students participate in Grading Clinics (on Saturdays) during which they move up in development by various stripes and belts – awarded according to achievement. The judo student will start with a white belt and eventually (at age 16) be able to grade for their black belt.
- Competitions Judo students participate in Judo Competitions. Starting on a local level, they can progress to provincial, national and even international judo competitions – receiving their Provincial and eventually Protea colors.
All administration is taken care of by HAJIME JUDO ACADEMY and is the sole responsibility of the club and the coach at the school. 10% of the tuition fees are paid over to the school as rental for the use of their facilities. We usually make use of the school hall or any other suitable venue.
HAJIME JUDO ACADEMY works together with the school staff and teachers, as well as parents to promote the best development (mentally and physically) in each individual student.